Cellular Modem Systems Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Role Number: 200103438
Are you a cellular modem system engineering professional who is looking to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results, and communicate effectively? Do you thrive delivering state of the art technologies that deeply affect people's lives? Come to Apple and work within a team to deliver a broad range of wireless technologies. This is an extraordinary opportunity to engage with the latest technologies and contribute to groundbreaking Apple products year after year. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. Apple seeks a technical leader to program manage our groundbreaking cellular baseband modems meet performance, quality and schedule requirements for Apple products. You will be responsible for multi-functional team coordination, communication and representation across the systems & silicon engineering ecosystem from concept to production. Technical background in cellular systems engineering will be key to your success in this role. Ideally, you will also have validated project management experience in some aspect of modem architecture, requirements engineering and/or cellular platform/system development. You will work in a dynamic engineering environment, using advanced multi-tasking skills and real-time crisis management are all desired strengths for this position.
- 5+ years of experience working in modem systems.
- Understanding of end to end system involving the UE and network is desired.
- Good knowledge of wireless communications (OFDM/MIMO, etc.).
- Experience in wireless standards a significant plus (5G-NR/4G LTE/ UMTS/GSM/CDMA).
- High tech industry experience with a track record of hands-on product development, program management, project management or engineering management.
- Experience in managing algorithm development, modeling, and systems simulation.
- Good understanding of modern cellular PHY building blocks.
- Extraordinary teammate and creative thinker with ability to lead technical teams and multi-functional groups against plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
• Lead cellular modem systems development across several projects simultaneously and meet execution targets. Cover all aspects of the modem development: PHY, MAC/RLC/RRC, multi-sim or concurrent RAT operation, etc. • Track project schedule for all development phases: Architecture, design, prototyping, system bring-up, validation, integration, field test, interop testing, and production ramp • Drive closure of technical requirements/specifications with cellular system partners, monitor requirements compliance, handle issues, and track bugs • Work with multi-functional teams & organizations to enable progress on dependencies for requirement definition, architectural exploration & implementation • Anticipate risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution • Drive resolution of technical issues between functional teams: Modem systems, VLSI, FW, RF systems, Technology, IP owners, design, digital verification, firmware/software, characterization, test, etc. • Provide regular project status presentations for executive reviews. Distill large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to partners and organizations at all levels
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline
Back to top