Art Director, Design
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 5, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200182671
Marcom is Apple's Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all aspects of Apple's advertising and marketing to ensure impeccable development and implementation of best-in-class communications. As the Art Director, Design, you will be responsible for crafting innovative and compelling design solutions and executing multiple design studies for packaging, retail graphics, channel, and more. This requires broad experience in developing creative solutions in a variety of mediums. You'll be joining a team where we conceive, design, and lead the development of high-quality creative work that pushes the Apple brand forward!
- You have at least 5 to 7 years of relevant (preferably agency or design firm) experience.
- You have outstanding conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- You have experience in advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion, and new media communication.
- You have a strong grasp of the creative development process, have excellent art direction skills, and consistently deliver excellent design.
- You demonstrate solid expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns across a broad range of problems and media, including advertising, print, video and broadcast, interactive, web, DM, and social networking, retail communications and channel POS.
- You have in-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative process, including effectively and efficiently staffing projects, providing communication and creative direction, and giving timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions.
- You can produce all work efficiently and on schedule.
- Your design skills are outstanding, and you have the ability to guide, evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
- You can successfully art direct photo shoots.
- You have proven experience working with copywriters to concept campaigns.
- You can communicate effectively with creative and project management staff, engendering trust and respect.
- You are proficient in design software used in the design process, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
In this role, you'll partner with junior creatives, providing guidance and mentorship. You'll also craft innovative and inspiring campaigns that meet the requirements outlined in Apple's creative briefs, all while taking responsibility for planning and executing projects. You'll be responsible for leading the creation and production of design solutions, following creative direction of the appropriate Senior Art Director or Creative Director (CD). You'll also plan and direct projects end to end, and serve as an integral member of the creative team. Our team strives for consistent delivery of superior design, as well as scaling design solutions in accordance with project constraints and parameters. We're accountable for the successful implementation of creative and art direction on assigned projects, either independently or by leading junior creative staff, freelancers, and photographers as needed. We execute high-quality design work on projects in a variety of media. Regular reviews of creative work with each group's Associate Creative Director or CD are part of our workflow, gathering feedback on direction and ensuring work aligns with other activities within Apple's Graphic Design group. We're responsible for monitoring creative teams' progress against schedules on a project-by-project basis. We conduct persuasive creative presentations to executive staff members within the company.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or another related field is required. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
Back to top