Manager Quality Engineering
Ensure high quality and timely delivery of Appian core infrastructure systems. Responsible for attracting, retaining, and growing Quality Engineering staff responsible for the foundational elements of Appian. Able to recognize and act on quality improvement activities across multiple teams in a rapidly growing engineering organization. Strong ability to triage issues and ensure they are brought to the attention of appropriate technical staff.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and inspiring Quality Engineering personnel across multiple delivery teams
- Ensure infrastructure has enterprise class functionality, availability, and performance
- Determine how to best shape quality activities around DevOps and continuous delivery paradigms using tools like Kubernetes and Docker
- Ensure frequent and high quality releases
- Effectively apply test design techniques and share knowledge with others
- Systematically analyze requirements ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities
- Effectively and efficiently determine root causes of leaked defects and succinctly describe root causes with multiple complex causal factors
Preferred Experience Level: 7+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, or Software Engineer); experience as a mentor or manager strongly desired
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field; advanced degree preferred
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Back to top