Branch Manager II
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with over 1 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
What you should know about the role
The Branch Manager's main focus is to coach and develop their team to ensure excellent member interactions and branch scorecard attainment while directing the operation efforts of a larger asset-sized branch.
As a Branch Manager, you will have opportunities to:
- Operate with a high level of autonomy and treat your branch as your business
- Self-manage your day to day work schedule
- Directly impact credit union success through branch goal attainment
- Build strong relationships throughout all levels of the organization including executive-level
Effectively supervises Branch staff, ensuring optimal performance.
- Coaches branch personnel to provide friendly, responsive service to all members; cross-sells appropriate products and services to benefit the member and maintains sales goals set forth by the credit union.
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting and communication.
- Directly supervises all Branch personnel. Ensures that high quality work and efficiency in operations are maintained. Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing tasks.
- Conducts regular meetings with Branch employees to inform and train. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes in procedure.
- Ensures that personnel are well trained in all phases of their respective jobs. Completes orientation of new employees in overall Branch procedures. Performs cross training as necessary. Conducts security training.
- Ensures that personnel are effective and optimally used.
- Tracks individual progress and conducts performance appraisals on each employee. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Recommends promotions for employees as appropriate. Provides leadership training to employees seeking management opportunities.
- Approves all sick leave, vacation, overtime, and time cards for each Branch employee. Keeps accurate payroll and attendance records.
Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient performance of Branch operations.
- Supervises work scheduling and workflow of daily routine operations.
- Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures Branch security. Opens and closes the building in accordance with set hours and procedures.
- Acts as a Loan Officer, processing and underwriting member loans within established policies and limits.
- Assists with member services functions. Cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
- Ensures compliance to established policy and procedures within the Branch.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining the proper cash controls.
- Ensures all Branch transactions are balanced at the close of each day.
- Oversees individual accountability for the handling of cash and assists tellers in resolving balancing problems.
- Controls and handles daily deposits in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Periodically verifies cash in possession of tellers and cash on the premises.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members.
- Ensures that members'' requests and questions are promptly resolved. Handles members'' complaints.
- Ensures that members are informed of Credit Union services and policies. Counsels members regarding their financial needs and services requested.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's quality reputation is maintained and projected.
Assumes responsibility for the effective administration of Branch functions.
- Ensures that Branch operations are well coordinated with Credit Union accounting, loan processing, and credit functions.
- Manages and oversees expenses. Pursues cost-saving measures.
- Continually seeks ways to improve Branch operations and productivity and to meet established goals.
- Prepares periodic Branch activity reports and makes recommendations to management for improvements.
- Ensures that proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the building, grounds, work areas, desks, and equipment is carried out, including snow and ice removal.
- Ensures that adequate supplies, forms, and equipment are available for personnel.
- Institutes prudent safety measures.
- Keeps management informed of Branch activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems. Requests assistance when necessary.
Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned.
- Fills in and performs duties in Branch positions as needed.
- Attends assigned training sessions and stays current on new operational procedures.
- Complete projects as assigned.
- Applies knowledge of credit union systems, policies, and procedures. Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of travel by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared workspace with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively either on our own or as part of a team. Must be able to plan and direct the work activities of self and others. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic financial calculations with extreme accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills & Experience
A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Understanding of the Credit Union''s field of membership. Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products. Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements. Familiarity with Branch functions, policies, and procedures. Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills. Well organized and detail oriented. Ability to operate related computer applications and related business equipment.
Three years to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience
College degree preferred or related experience.
Meet Some of Advia Credit Union's Employees
Monica consistently seeks new ways to attract and retain top talent by understanding that culture fit is just as important as position fit to keep engagement high.
Back to top