Hiring managers: They’re one of the biggest mysteries of the job search process that we all wish we could better understand. What are they looking for? How can you show them your best stuff? And what do they wish you knew before coming into their offices?
Lucky for you, we scoured the web for the tips and tricks you need to know to perform better for any hiring manager.
- The trick to understanding how a hiring manager operates is knowing how to play poker. (Entrepreneur)
- Over a third of businesses look at a job applicant’s social media accounts very early in the process, and you’d be surprised what posts are losing you the job. (Fast Company)
- A new study shows that a hiring manager may be the reason you hate your new job. (Inc.)
- Eight job candidates share their experiences about dealing with some of the worst hiring managers ever. (Intuit)
- Glassdoor compiled a list of the 25 weirdest questions hiring managers have asked candidates during interviews. (Glassdoor)
- A hiring manager weighs in on what he looks for when he’s dealing with a stack of resumes that look exactly the same. (Experience)
- You’re going to want to save this interview prep cheat sheet. (99U)
- 10 hiring mangers weighed in on some of the most inappropriate job applicants they’ve ever interviewed. (CIO Insight)
Want to learn more about how to deal with hiring managers? Check out our suggestions!
- 5 Skills That Will Impress Every Hiring Manager
- Hiring Managers Tell Us: The Candidate I Still Remember
- How to Hunt Down a Hiring Manager’s Email Address