The 14 Stages of Getting Through Friday
While it’s arguably the greatest 24 hours of the week, it can also be somewhat of a roller coaster. Here’s what I mean.
1. You wake up feeling great—well maybe not that great. It’s still a work day.
2. As you get moving, you start to feel better. You even sing in the shower a little!
3. Maybe you spend a little extra time getting ready—have to look good for Friday!
4. Your daily commute somehow seems a bit smoother.
5. You grab some coffee, and it tastes a little better than normal.
6. Just as you take that first sip of Joe, your supervisor catches you and bumps up that presentation deadline—from next Wednesday to 2 PM today.
7. Two crazed hours later, and you’re finished—like a boss.
9. After lunch, you get sucked into a conversation with your office downer about her full weekend of taking her diabetic cat to three different veterinarians.
10. It’s 3 PM. Why is it only 3PM ?
11. The only way to get through the last few hours: procrastination.
12. 5:01 PM.
13. You hop in your car heading to happy hour or on some spectacular weekend getaway. Or home. Wherever you’re going, it’s away from work.
14. You’re free. You’ve got nothing but blue skies and big dreams ahead of you, not to mention 64 hours separating you from your weekly 9 AM next Monday.
Hailing from Philadelphia, Kathryn Amrhein works in higher education doing fundraising for her alma mater, Temple University. Some of her extracurriculars include being a novice triathlete and half marathoner, movie and TV buff, improv newbie, and quizzo player extraordinaire.More from this Author