It’s easy to let the job search process drag on after a while, especially if you’re already busy to begin with, or just hate the monotony of filling out job app after job app without any results.
Want to change that? It’s time to get productive: Use one of these nine ideas to supercharge your job search in the next hour. The offers will start rolling in.
- Stop scrolling through thousands of job listings and get the lowdown on how to get through job boards efficiently. (The Guardian)
- Write personalized LinkedIn connection requests so that you can start conversations with people who can help you. (HubSpot)
- Read over your resume and use one of the 100 more interesting words to make your accomplishments really pop. (Careerealism)
- Clean up your social media profiles so that you can use them as both networking and job search discovery tools. (Hootsuite)
- Look for these seven things when checking out prospective employers to cut your search time in half, because researching shouldn’t take forever. (Glassdoor)
- Spend a moment getting back in touch with old professional contacts. You never know how someone from your past can help your future. (HBR)
- Use these nine editing tips to help you put forth your best work, because poor communication skills can sink any promising job applicant. (Lifehack)
- Make sure your cover lettter isn’t boring or generic.
- Solve any identify crisis with one of these 11 awesome career quizzes. (The Daily Muse)