After nine long years, The Office is coming to a close tonight (sad!). And while there are plenty of things we'll miss—Jim and Dwight's pranks, Kevin's one-liners, and all the Andy drama—no one will ever replace the man who started it all.
So, in honor of the show's finale, we decided to review the management stylings of Michael Scott and share a few nuggets of workplace wisdom we've gained from him over the years.
Sit back, relax, and learn from the World's Best Boss.
1. After sitting at your desk all day, sometimes you just need to move.
Source: What Should BC Call Us
2. Bring snacks, and you'll instantly make friends at the office.
Source: Daily Dose of Memo
3. Keep meetings engaging by adding a little variety.
4. Stick to your guns.
5. Inspire your employees with motivational quotes.
6. Make time for team bonding.
Source: Little Moments
7. Celebrate even the little wins.
8. Sometimes, you just have to wing it.
9. Never forget why you wanted to be a boss in the first place.
Erin Greenawald is a freelance writer, editor, and content strategist who is passionate about elevating the standard of writing on the web. Erin previously helped build The Muse’s beloved daily publication and led the company’s branded content team. If you’re an individual or company looking for help making your content better—or you just want to go out to tea—get in touch at eringreenawald.com.More from this Author