8 Ways to Get the Creative Juices Flowing (Now)
Are you sitting at your desk trying to make brilliant, novel ideas appear from thin air, only to find yourself coming up with jack squat? It's probably time to get that creative blood pumping.
Looking for some fast ways to ignite that spark of creativity? We scoured the web to find some of our favorite ideas to get you working.
- A walk does a lot of good for the soul, so take a stroll around the office (or around the block). (Brain Pickings)
- You may just need a small change of workspace to get the creativity going. (Entrepreneur)
- Next time you take on a project, try setting some "weirder" rules for yourself. (Lifehacker)
- Need to write something amazing in a short period of time and aren't sure where to get started? Here are 11 exercises to try. (Writers Marketing)
- Adding side projects to your life can actually fuel your creativity for main projects. (Accidental Creative)
- Check out these awesome creative quotes to get pumped up and ready to work. (BuzzFeed)
- Try the SimpleMind app, a tool that helps you turn your abstract brainstorms into seriously cool idea webs. (Boston Globe)
- Here are several tools every careerist needs to get creative quickly. (Spoiler: One of them involves a super comfy chair). (Fast Company)
Need some more help getting creative? Check out our suggestions!
- The Surprising Secret to Unlocking Your Creativity
- Spark Your Creativity in Under 10 Minutes
- 29 Small Ways to Boost Your Creativity Today
Photo of paints courtesy of Shutterstock.
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author