8 Pain-Free Tips for Learning From Failure
You’re bound to make plenty of mistakes throughout your career (and generally throughout your life, too!). But the important thing is to turn those experiences into lessons, no matter what.
Need a little help learning from a slip-up and making your next move? We searched the web for resources that’ll help you bounce back and be even better than ever.
- First things first: If you need a little pick-me-up, these 30 inspirational quotes about failure will make you feel a whole lot better. (Forbes)
- Why are so many people embracing failure right now in the first place? (Fast Company)
- You can tell yourself these 12 truths right after a failure, and we promise they’ll make you feel better. (Marc and Angel Hack Life)
- Make sure that whenever you do fail, you’re failing forward. (Productivityist)
- Just remember: If you’re not failing, you’re not growing. (99U)
- You can learn a lot about how to better deal with failure by taking a look at improv comedy. (Dumb Little Man)
- Trying to reflect on your mistakes? You might to want think about whether or not you’re setting yourself up for failure. (Lifehacker)
- A crucial question to ask yourself: Are you sure you’re opening up and allowing yourself to learn from failure? (HBR)
Want more help learning from failure? Check out our suggestions!
- How to Turn Every Failure Into a Success
- The Most Fun Way Possible to Overcome Your Fear of Failure
- Moving Forward: How to Overcome a Career Failure
Lily is a writer, editor, and social media manager, as well as co-founder of The Prospect, the world’s largest student-run college access organization. In addition to her writing with The Muse, she also serves as an editor at HelloFlo and Her Campus. Recently, she was named one of Glamour’s Top 10 College Women for her work helping underserved youth get into college. You can follow Lily on Twitter.More from this Author