16 Reasons to Love Working in LA
Ask anyone who's lived or worked there: Life in Los Angeles really is great. Sure, you can complain about the traffic, but not ever having to wear a winter coat to work? That pretty much can't be beat.
Read on for more our favorite things about working in the City of Angels—then check out our favorite LA-based companies that are hiring now.
1. The 405 is almost always an acceptable excuse for being late to a meeting.
2. And so is rain.
3. Your winter work wardrobe is exactly the same as your summer work wardrobe. (Or maybe you'll throw on a sweater.)
4. Even if you don't work in entertainment, you've got friends who do, which means great parties, premiers, and perks.
5. Walking meetings look like this.
6. Or this.
7. Those magical times when you get to use the company seats at Staples Center.
Photo courtesy of Wikipedia
8. There's a farmer's market within striking distance of every workplace.
9. The ridiculous houses that make you aspire for a freakish level of career success.
10. Wearing sunglasses in a meeting is often acceptable.
11. Nobody judges you when you go on a juice cleanse or bring kale for lunch.
12. Downtown is (finally!) really, really cool.
13. You can host a company picnic (or hike, or volleyball competition) any time of year.
14. Your morning coffee never gets cold on your way to work in the winter.
15. Coffee breaks often involve a celebrity sighting.
Photo courtesy of ShopYep
16. At the end of the day, this is your reward for a job well done.
Want a job in LA? Check out these companies that are hiring now!
Photos courtesy of Shutterstock
Scott Dockweiler crafts witty headlines, writes fun articles, and generally lends a hand to the editorial team at The Daily Muse. When he’s not Musing, he’s trying to get his acting career off the ground and racking up Delta Airlines frequent flier miles between NYC and LA. You won’t find him on Twitter—yet.More from this Author