The Zynga design team is responsible for delivering the highest quality platform solutions, and is at the cutting edge of social interaction.
To help us stay there we need you! Zynga is looking for a Visual Effects Artist responsible for prototyping and creating Effects for real-time use in games. They will be responsible for providing support to our art team in a variety of areas including scripting and writing tools to facilitate the CG game process.
The Visual Effects Artist should have a strong desire to be close to the gaming process. They function as an integral part of the department, designing or optimizing processes and tools to best fit production needs. They should look at production systems holistically and have the ability to visualize the larger pipeline, understanding the impact of their actions and how to optimize processes and tools.
- Work closely with game designers, scripters, and Art Directors to create and place realistic VFX for games
- Model, texture, animate, and light VFX assets to Design & Art Directors’ specifications.
- Work closely with engineers and leads to troubleshoot art pipelines as needed
- Meticulous, organized approach to creating technically efficient and visually compelling VFX assets
- Use visual editing tools to create, place, and trigger effects
- Conceptualize and animate realistic particle effects such as fire, explosions, smoke, moving water, sparks, dust, clouds, exhaust, weather, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Digital Art, related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in video games production, visual effects, animation production with at least 2 shipped games as a VFX artist
- Demonstrable technical skills working with VFX pipelines for real-time 3D game engines including UNITY
- Strong scripting and programming skills including C#
- Advanced Max experience and in-depth knowledge of Linux a plus
- Renderman or similar experience along with solid understanding of node-based compositing packages (i.e. Shake, Nuke or similar)
- Understanding of color, shading, and lighting techniques
- Understanding of environmental effects simulation techniques and Houdini a plus
- Ability to write and apply shaders a plus
- Software development experience on production systems a plus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top