Zynga is looking for a Visual Effects Artist responsible for designing, creating and integrating visual effects for use in real-time games.
- Conceptualize, animate and implement particle effects (both realistic and non-realistic) such as fire, explosions, smoke, moving water, sparks, dust, clouds, exhaust, weather, etc.
- Work closely with designers, engineers and related artists to design, create and place VFX for games
- Work with UX/UI artists to create and integrate VFX for interface elements
- Model, texture, animate, and light VFX assets to Design & Art Directors’ specifications.
- Work closely with engineers and leads to troubleshoot art pipelines as needed
- Meticulous, organized approach to creating technically efficient and visually compelling VFX assets
- Use visual editing tools to create, place, and trigger effects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Digital Art, related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in video games production
- At least one shipped game as a VFX Artist
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in creating and implementing VFX in a real-time game environment
- Ability to create all assets related to VFX production
- Experience working with VFX pipelines for real-time 3D game engines, Unity preferred
- Experience integrating VFX into UI
- Strong scripting skills, including experience with C#
- Thorough knowledge working with a 3D content authoring system (Maya, Max)
- Experience using Houdini for VFX production a plus
- Ability to write and apply shaders a plus
Please send link to portfolio
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top