Technical QA Lead/SDET
- London, United Kingdom
Position at NaturalMotion
QA SDET (Technical QA Lead) - Quality Operations
Quality Operations - Brighton/London
At Zynga, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach large audiences and in creating communities that last.
You will be responsible for the establishment, communication, and implementation of a multitude of automation frameworks from the ground up. This is an exciting opportunity to start paving the way in the gaming world for a more agile shift left approach. You will be working for the Quality Operations team primarily supporting multiple EMEA studios but your focus will be mainly on our UK studios. You will be London or Brighton based and with the current climate, working for home and onboarded from home.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Quality Operations for EMEA, you will be responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of automation frameworks within teams and studios. Your role will be to embed within a team/studio and complete an assessment of what automation is currently in place; Working with Quality Ops and the team to agree the next steps and design a phased approach for automation. This will encompass Functional Component Automation (API, Services, ETL, DB Schemas), through to BVT/NFT and overall regression packs. You will also train the teams to utilise the automation frameworks effectively. You will help with the relevant metrics and reporting mechanism required to make the automation an effective tool. You will be an SME and point of contact for each of the studios.
- Bachelor's degree educated with a relevant degree and/or equivalent experience (3+ years) as a SDET/Technical QA Lead or similar
- ISTQB Certified or similar certification
- Clear, concise written and verbal communicator
- Must be a team player and works well with others
- Must be pro-active and a self-starter
- Ideally experience in Game testing but not essential
- Proven technical skillset and an ability to learn quickly
- Prior experience with non-functional testing (such as performance, compatibility etc.)
- Experience with Technical Testing for e.g. PACT/Handshake Testing
- Strong working knowledge of test tools and reporting, such as JIRA, TestRail, GameBench etc. or equivalent tools
- Experience in Agile testing strategies and shift-left approaches
- Must be able to review and analyse system requirements and understand technical architecture
- Must be able to collaborate with multiple teams and disciplines to develop an effective automation strategy and tooling for the team
- Strong knowledge of coding in at least one but preferably multiple languages i.e. C, C++, C#, Java, Ruby etc.
- Strong Experience in building and setting up automation frameworks from the ground up
- Good working SQL knowledge
- Ideally experience with Unreal/Unity or other gaming engines but not essential
- Strong Experience with automation tools like Selenium, Appium, Cucumber/Gherkin or other industry standard tools
- Strong Experience integrating automation with build pipelines for e.g. Jenkins/TFS
- Strong Experience with source control (Git, SVN, Perforce, TFS etc.) and DevOps practices
- Passion for Quality and implementing Steller automation frameworks
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
Zynga (NaturalMotion) is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Back to top