Technical QA Lead
- London, United Kingdom
Position at NaturalMotion
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include - CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
This is an excellent opportunity to pave the way in the gaming world for a more agile shift left approach. Working for the Quality Operations team that supports multiple studios and your focus will be mainly on our UK studios.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- The strategy, design and implementation and improvement of the automation framework
- Assessment of what automation is currently in place and design a phased approach for implementing further automation
- This will encompass UI, API's and Services through to BVT (Build Verification Testing), Performance and then overall regression packs.
- Coach and Mentor your team to utilize the automation frameworks
- Create automated reports for pass/fail rates, reliability etc.
- An SME and point of contact for automation within your team
- Responsible for enabling shift-left testing approaches
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience as a SDET/Technical QA Lead or similar role
- Built at least 2 frameworks from inception or heavily involved in the creation and implementation of the framework
- A pro-active self-starter, excellent teammate and works well with others
- A technical skillset and an ability to learn quickly
- Able to review and analyze system requirements and understand technical architecture
- An understanding of coding in at least one language i.e. C, C++, C#
- Ideally experience with Unreal/Unity or other gaming engines but not a must have
- Experience in integrating automation with build pipelines
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Back to top