Technical Director, Quality Technology
The Quality Technology, Technical Director (TD) will align and drive Quality technology vision/strategy with Quality business vision/strategy. The Quality Technology TD is also responsible for all aspects of road-mapping, developing, implementing, and evangelizing Quality tools, automation and reporting technology initiatives within the organization.
• Set technical vision, strategy and roadmap for automation frameworks, tools, and infrastructure.
• Evaluate, communicate and resolve technical deficiencies in the current Quality environment
• Advocate and help select quality technologies used across game studios.
• Ensure quality bar is consistently met by game studios.
• Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering automated testing services.
• Direct development of release management tools and processes.
• Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development and testing initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all automated testing services.
• Communicate the company’s technology strategy to game studios, management, staff, partners, and stakeholders.
• Collaborate with game studios to develop use cases and specifications that describe the implementation of the automated testing services.
• Set quality coding conventions and documentation standards.
• Select, deploy, and monitor performance profiling tools and procedures.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
• Define and communicate standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
• Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the Quality organization.
• BS in computer science or engineering
• 7+ years’ experience managing a team of engineers locally and remotely
• 3+ years’ experience in a Technical Director capacity
• Passion for ensuring software quality.
• Visionary, enthusiastic, performance-driven self-starter and team player.
• Experience in the consumer mobile game space.
• Collaborate with senior management team to assess and recommend technologies and support quality organization’s needs.
• Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to use cutting-edge technology in our market place.
• Foster cross-discipline communication to gain consensus to achieve goals.
• Expert on software quality fundamentals and methodologies.
• Excellent communication.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top