Sr. Data Analyst
Zynga has one of the richest and most complex datasets in the tech industry, and we’re seeking a Senior Data Analyst to help us drive key product insights that will have big impacts to our games and company! The successful candidate will enjoy combining analytic skills with business acumen to provide our game studios with the data and insights that will drive our continued success.
The Senior Data Analyst works closely with product leaders as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. The candidate should enjoy both working with people and undertaking rigorous statistical analyses.
- Execute quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights. Provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects.
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help us continue to delight the people playing our games
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring to game studios using data drawn from diverse sources
- Comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Good understanding of statistical analysis, and preferred experience with statistical packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- 5+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for a gaming or technology company
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, dashboarding and reporting, involving very large datasets and multiple data sources, with ability to interpret data and produce meaningful insights
- Excellent SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Good client management skills with a strong grasp of both technical and business perspectives
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings
- B.S. or B.A. in Math, Statistics, Comp Sci, Engineering, or other technical field required; advanced degrees strongly preferred
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top