Software Engineer - Infrastructure Team - New IP
NaturalMotion's BossAlien studio is seeking a Software Engineer to join their team during an exciting phase in a major, unannounced mobile title's development.
Your job will be to work with our talented team developing key backend infrastructure to support our AAA, critically acclaimed mobile games. You will have the opportunity to work with a broad range of cutting edge technologies and you will also face the challenge of creating highly available and massively scalable software solutions.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Design and implement highly scalable server authoritative systems
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of new game features
- Write production-quality code for live game updates
- Develop, maintain and monitor tools and frameworks for other developers
- Ensure that code is well designed, and performant
- Work with our on-site QA to reproduce, debug and fix bugs
You should generally be comfortable with learning to work with a multitude of technologies. Entry-level applicants should include a portfolio of work, made up of personal projects, game jams and/or open-source contributions, and should demonstrate both team and solo work. Mid-level and senior applicants should have a track record of backend-related work, or commercially successful or critically acclaimed games. Taking your experience level into account, you should be comfortable talking to us about:
- Data structures and algorithms
- Object Oriented programming, as it exists in C# / C++
- Client/server architecture, relational and non-relational databases
As part of the infrastructure team, you should have a working knowledge of some, but not all, of these subjects:
- RESTful & stateful systems
- Virtualisation / containerisation
- Cloud based architecture
- Security principles / best practices
- Unix based operating systems
Nice to haves:
- Experience with game development / Unity
- Experience working with production/live systems
- Knowledge of network protocols and non-blocking IO
- Working knowledge of PHP and Scala
What do we give you?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks 23 days holiday
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top