Software Developer Intern
NaturalMotion is an industry-leading technology and games developer and one of the fastest-growing mobile publishers on iOS and Android. Our cutting-edge animation technology Morpheme is actively used in over 50 titles including Quantum Break, Killzone 4 and a third of PSVR launch titles. Our character simulation software Euphoria features in Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, and our phenomenally successful in-house games CSR Racing and Clumsy Ninja are played worldwide across multiple platforms by millions of people. Join us on the NaturalMotion Internship Programme 2017 and be a part of a team that is redefining the industry.
During the Internship you will work closely with the Applications Team in developing new features for Morpheme and Euphoria Connect. Your programming and communication skills will improve greatly whilst working on a large software project that combines animation, mathematics, UX and optimal code design.
The internship will involve designing and developing your own solutions to problems. This work will follow a process of presentation and review, iterating on the design with the help of other team members. The process raises your programming to a more effective and professional standard.
Your features will be code reviewed and tested by our software QA team. You will be responsible for fixing issues and preparing your work for reintegration into the main production branch.
The internship is structured so that:
- In the first week you will learn how to use Morpheme and Euphoria connect and get to know its software architecture.
- During the first month you will be introduced to working on a software project, fixing bugs, committing to version control and following the agile development process.
- You will work on at least two features: a smaller introductory task and a larger feature.
From the Internship you will have gained:
- Exposure to real world software development and an opportunity to work as part of an active development team.
- The opportunity to contribute to industry leading animation software.
- Knowledge of version control, issue tracking, and other project tools.
- Experience in code review, unit testing and agile development.
- Studying a degree in Maths, Physics, Computer Science or related.
- Good knowledge of C++/C#.
- A strong interest in developing games or animation technology.
What you need to include in your application:
- A cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be a good fit for the role.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Jenny works at the intersection of business strategy and user-driven design, collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and artists to create and ship games that players love.
Back to top