Social Media Marketing Manager
Zynga's Social Media team is the voice of the company or product externally and the voice of the customers internally. Our Social Media Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to increase customer engagement, build product loyalty, and provide feedback to internal departments (Product Marketing, PR, Brand Marketing, Customer Service, and Game Studios). The candidate we are looking for will need to be a player advocate with a passion for Zynga online gaming.
- Lead and work closely with assigned Social Media Marketing Specialists
- Execute and lead the social media strategy to support game franchise.
- Work with influencers to execute game content to increase overall brand awareness across Facebook and Instagram.
- Develop Facebook weekly and Facebook live streams to promote game play.
- Create and produce content for local gaming industry events.
- Schedule and manage a team of moderators in a constantly shifting environment.
- Create and publish content to support games across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitch etc.
- Analyze all social media data and adjust content to ensure maximum engagement. If content is not performing well, create strategy to garner highest engagement possible
- Strategize and create evergreen content-tap into culturally relevant moments for our games.
- Be the Voice of the Community to the Game Team. Build and foster a social community by being proactive rather than reactive. Bring a Zynga perspective to the existing communities including the game franchise forum.
- Coordinate and execute on outbound social communications with the Product Marketing and Game teams. Escalate game issues to game teams in real time to utilize the true value of customer feedback.
- Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in player requests & product performance then escalate to proper department heads.
- Analyze key community engagement performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, sentiment). Take a solutions based approach to monthly metrics in order to exceed company goals.
- Manage Facebook accounts with over 5 million fans
- Identify and engage advocates (successful bloggers, highly engaged players, etc.) to extend and increase brand awareness.
- Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that the company can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies. Seek out new opportunities for growth (Social Media, Digital Marketing Summits) to learn from your peer group.
- Collaborate with other Social media Managers to build the most resourceful, reputable Social Media team possible.
- 3 years of experience in online social media, community development, customer support or online marketing in a management role
- 2 years of experience in copywriting
- Experience in managing Social channels with over 1 million followers
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, and tone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong editing skills with attention to detail
- Effective time and project management skills
- Creative thinker with a strong visual aesthetic
- Hands-on knowledge of digital media tools – Digital photography, basic Photoshop/photo editing skills, knowledge of apps commonly used for creating social content; basic video creation/editing skills are a bonus
- Experience moderating forum discussions
- Experience in online gaming environment
- Adaptability and the ability to work in a high paced environment
- Must be self-motivated and have strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid decision making skills and utilizes direct reports effectively, allocate decision making and other responsibilities to the appropriate people
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top