Position at Zynga
We are looking for a SENIOR UI ARTIST to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
The Senior UI Artist will be responsible for the design of screens, features, icons, assets, and the visual language of the game's UI. They will work closely with other UX Designers and UI Artists to help create, maintain, and expand the game's patterns, style guides, and art direction. They will work cross-platform on both Nintendo Switch and mobile devices, with a focus on delivering an intuitive and enjoyable experience for players.
This role will work closely with a UX/UI team based in both Austin and Brighton. You will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, learn from a diverse team, and collaborate with designers and artists to deliver work that pushes the boundaries of what players think is possible.
- Experience as a UI Artist on at least one shipped game.
- Able to design screens, menus, and HUD elements based on design documents, wireframes and prototypes.
- Able to provide motion compositions and keyframes for UI animations.
- Comfortable producing detailed, high quality mockups with a focus on composition and consistency.
- Competent in creating iconography.
- Comfortable working within and expanding art and icon styles.
- Experienced with asset management, source control, and basic scheduling.
- Able to work technically, and assist with implementation in editor.
- Bonus: experience on a cross-platform title.
- Expert with standard design trade tools, including Figma, Adobe CC, Miro, etc.
- Able to partner closely with systems and UX Designer peers to create incredible experiences that support and enhance existing art direction.
- Expert visual and graphic design skills, including composition, layout, typography, color theory, and motion.
- Skilled with icon and logo design, can discern when icons are not legible at different scales
- Able to create, maintain, expand, and work within a styleguide and established art style.
- Displays high levels of empathy for players and their needs.
- Experience working with and recommending solutions for technical constraints.
- Ability to give and receive thoughtful, constructive feedback
- Inclusive, collaborative mindset and work style.
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual.
- Demonstrates a passion for video games.
- Experience with motion design and animation software.
- Strong illustration skills.
- Experience with cross-platform development and working with multiple input methods.
- Experience with mobile game development.
- Experience working within agile methodologies.
- Strong illustration skills.
- Experience with technical implementation, exporting work for implementation, and prototyping.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
Please include a link to your portfolio or work samples demonstrating UI work. Applications that do not include a portfolio or work samples will not be considered.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU's, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know