Senior Systems Designer - Dawn of Titans
At NaturalMotion we design and create innovative free-to play mobile games, with jaw-dropping visuals and super-accessible gameplay. To continue innovating at the highest-level, we are looking for a Senior Systems Designer to join the Dawn of Titans team in London.
You will be joining a team of passionate and talented designers, programmers and artists, to work on a new project that has ambitions to exceed our already high-standards. As an experienced game designer, this is your opportunity to shine in the growth area of the industry – to take a game currently in soft launch, and working in conjunction with an incredible team, help deliver it to the global market.
Your role will help ensure the game launches on-time, with a rock-solid game economy, and then continues to deliver engaging and creative content and live events.
- Develop systems and behaviours for core gameplay, retention, and social game features that monetize, engage and motivate players through amazing game experiences and highly enjoyable progression
- Tune game and monetization features, and the overall freemium game economy to maximise the player experience and revenue potential
- Observe and analyse user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve/fix design features during the life of the product as a service.
- Establish and model key player progression and game economy statements whilst balancing the game towards them
- Provide clear and concise communication of the product vision, design approaches and requirements to team members, product owners, senior management and other relevant key stakeholders through documentation, presentations and visual tools to convey key concepts, mechanics and systems required.
- Lead design reviews/evaluations on a regular basis. Respond to emergent QA and design issues/problems in development and ensure these are addressed to meet product goals and release plan targets
- Define features post-launch spanning several months with a clear understanding of impact on retention/monetization, working closely with a Project Manager/Lead to effectively push them into content releases that drive value.
What you bring to succeed
- Shipped multiple system-driven titles
- You have hands-on experience balancing a live game
- You are a F2P design expert, and know how to integrate both a fun user experience and effective monetization strategy into a product.
- You love playing RPGs and/or strategy games
- You’re great with numbers and a master of Excel
- You have a strong attention to detail and understand the importance of balance and strong system design.
- Importantly, you understand that we can only create outstanding games as a team and have the experience and energy to together turn visions into fully developed game mechanics.
What do we give you?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 23 days holiday
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top