Senior Server Engineer - Star Wars IP
- London, United Kingdom
Position at NaturalMotion
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion's Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans and Star Wars™: Commander.
The team has a tight-knit, sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst having all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. We create world-leading, action strategy titles on a foundation of trust and camaraderie, with weekly team show and tells, frequent social events and kudos sharing on our 'Awesome Wall'.
We are looking for an experienced senior server engineer to join our world-class team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for large-scale high-availability systems, a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of professional experience in infrastructure development for mobile and/or web applications
- Able to work collaboratively with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write software specifications and design, and implement sophisticated software solutions
- Writes well designed, efficient and testable code with one or more Object Oriented languages (Java, Go, PHP 7 are some of the languages we use) and their associated frameworks
- Able to work on multi-week long tasks and actively contributes towards the tech plan for the ASG server team
- Able to communicate with key partners and colleagues
- Experience in AWS and have a deep understanding of their product offering
- You are an authority on Kubernetes and building scalable distributed Microservices
- Familiar with Infrastructure monitoring, error budgets and destructive testing
- Experience of IaC (Must have used any of Terraform, ansible, chef, puppet previously)
- Familiar with declarative build pipelines
- You are familiar with security best methodology including IAM roles, service accounts and the principle of 'least privilege'
- Familiar with DDOS prevention, backdoor attacks and system integrity
- Have knowledge of memory/performance optimisation, extremely large scale applications and be able to factor cost/budget considerations into your design
- You are an advocate for making data informed system design decisions
- Do you have experience working in the games industry?
- Do you have a passion for strategy games?
- Proficiency in Linux
- Experience deploying to other cloud providers such as GCP
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
NaturalMotion is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Back to top