Senior Network Engineer
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values
As an experienced Senior Network Engineer you’ll already have confidence in your core skills whilst being aware of what you don’t know yet. A strong sense of personal belief is important, supported by previous experiences, references, and lessons learned on the way.
Zynga is currently seeing a highly proficient Senior Network Engineer with a high level of experience working on corporate enterprise networks. This role will require someone who isn’t afraid to take on projects from inception to finish as well as work on daily network operational issues. We are looking for someone that has strong experience in wireless design/troubleshooting, routing, as well as security.
This person will join the Network Engineering team based out of Zynga's London office. Hours are flexible, but will require the ability to participate in on-call rotation and emergency-based activities to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users the best possible experience.
- Install, configure, and maintain network hardware in a multi-vendor datacenter, office, and cloud environment.
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation.
- Work with team members and groups to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations.
- Champion new network engineering projects by collaborating with multiple organizations from start to finish.
- Ability to travel as needed for new network builds.
- Perform wireless surveys leading to design and tuning recommendations.
- Team player ready to be an architect or hands on any day, ready to mentor junior engineers.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on routing, switching, wireless, firewall experience, preferably in a global enterprise environment with a high number of locations.
- Expert knowledge and skill in troubleshooting: BGP, OSPF, STP, and DM-VPN/IPSEC.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong hands on experience in troubleshooting wireless related issues.
- Experience with Python, scripting, or automation knowledge.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and excellent knowledge of core network services (DNS, SMTP, NTP, syslog, HTTP).
- Strong experience in functional and performance proof of concept testing.
- Experience with AWS networking and security deployments.
- Experience with F5 load balancers.
- Experience designing and deploying IPv6 in a corporate network environment.
What do we give you?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days holiday
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top