Senior Game Designer - Words With Friends
Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games!
Do you want to create exciting mobile gaming experiences? Zynga is seeking a Senior Game Designer to create amazing experiences for Words With Friends. We innovate in all facets of game design, mobile technologies, and massive scalability.
The Senior Game Designer on Words With Friends create new modes, systems and features for one of the world's largest mobile games. You will be working on evolving the game on new gaming platforms like Facebook Messenger, owning the fun and optimizing for player enjoyment while developing ways to reach new players and keep them engaged in the game.
Come join us! You’ll find a dynamic and engaging culture with great perks (free lunches, gym membership, subsidized commuting to/from the office using public transit, offsite events). Our office is located in the downtown core and is easily accessible via the TTC and GO transit.
- Work collaboratively with other designers and cross-functionally with UX, engineering, and product management on the design and implementation of new game features.
- Create and own the implementation of fun, engaging in-game events and other game content.
- Understand the player and voice the player’s emotional experience with the game, thinking through game design player first.
- Create clear and complete game design documentation for game content and features.
- Assess and apply qualitative and quantitative feedback to improve game engagement, monetization, and retention.
- Minimum 5 years experience in mobile game design, including at least 2 years on a game in live ops
- Experience creating in-game content designed to appeal to a casual audience
- Thorough understanding of basic economy balance and tuning
- Experience writing clear and concise game design documentation, specs, user flows, and feature documentation
- Strong knowledge of free-to-play games in general, and the brain puzzle genre specifically
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills; ability to identify and solve key problems creatively with minimal guidance
- Experience with chat bots and instant message platforms a big plus
- HTML5 game experience a plus
WHAT DO WE GIVE YOU?
Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
Catered lunch daily
Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
Open Vacation Policy
Flexible working hours
Casual dress every single day
Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Back to top