Senior Game Designer (Economy) - Star Wars
- Brighton, United Kingdom
Position at NaturalMotion
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters , a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will work hand in hand with other designers, product management, and creative leadership to design, balance, and maintain the economy and metagame progression.
You are a vocal advocate for the power of free-to-play gaming, and understand deeply and intuitively how free-to-play economies work. You are someone who wants to push the boundaries of what free-to-play can be, and look for next-generation methods for crafting innovative and fair metagames and economies. You can communicate that passion to the rest of the team and pass your knowledge along to others as an effective mentor and guide.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with creative leadership product managers to build well-crafted economies and economic loops for free-to-play games
- Develop compelling metagame loops and progression models that retain players over the long-term
- Be a bridge between design and product management. Responsible for the design-facing side of major economic and metagame features
- Analyse and make smart use of data to assess efficacy of metagame and economic balance
- Lead major aspects of feature design in both a development and live operations capacity
- Approach the design of economies and metagame loops with a design-minded eye that looks for fun and sustainability in equal measure.
- You know that live data and metrics are a crucial tool in balancing a game economy, but that they work in harmony with your instincts as an experienced game maker.
- Experience in designing and balancing complex progression systems.
- Understanding the motivations that keep players coming back for more. You respect that our free players are as important to our success as our paying players, and balance systems to respect their time and deliver fun experiences
- Balanced and managed the metagame or economy for successful, live F2P games
- Experience with analysing and making decisions with live game metrics and data on a successful F2P game
- Deeply familiar with progression systems and metagame design in modern shooters and action games on all platforms
- Experience in leading the feature design process from conceptualisation and prototyping through polish and completion
- Able to communicate effectively with product managers, engineers, and other partners
- A believer in the power, reach, and potential of the next generation of mobile gaming
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Back to top