Senior Experience Designer - Words With Friends
- Toronto, Canada
Position at Zynga
Zynga Toronto is looking for a SENIOR EXPERIENCE DESIGNER to join our design team. The Senior Experience Designer is responsible for creating user-centered design solutions that feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize the user experience. This includes all phases of the design process such as conceptual design/development (the big idea), UX flows/navigation maps, wireframes, graphic and interface design, prototypes, storyboards, persona/scenario development, and asset production.
You will work closely with UX Design leadership to establish and maintain visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency.
JOIN US IF:
• You would love to be a part of the visual design process involving research, experimentation, design, and revision
• You have experience creating wireframes and flows, assert library systems, UI Assets, graphic design skills, and interaction specifications/guidelines
• You have experience designing for mobile responsive layouts and working with Sketch, Zeplin.io, prototyping tools ( examples: Flinto, Framer, InVision Studio, Axure) , and the Adobe family. ( ie, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects )
• You're prepared to work with internal client and project partners to ensure designs meet customer needs
• You're current on visual design trends in similar creative industries
• You're experienced in developing UI for mobile games or applications
• You're experienced in creating UI guidelines
• You're experienced working with teams of Creative Directors, Producers, Game Designers, Engineers, UXD designers and Product Managers
• You're committed to adapting creative styles as needed while maintaining creative, technical, and brand standards universally
• You have strong communication skills and are able to articulate, present, and speak clearly about design decisions
• You have at least 3 years related experience in interactive, visual and brand environments
• You're an ideas person who can translate concepts into form, function, and execution
A LINK TO YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO, OR A PDF, IS REQUIRED. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• Able to identify needs for, design and conduct user experience research quickly and apply it to feature UX development
• Evaluates designs quickly and creates original high-quality work. Is responsible for the entire product UX and its features
• Possess an excellent understanding of visual design principles, style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow
• Develop UI, graphic design, and interaction specifications/guidelines
• Helps to foster high level of polish across product and UX team
• Employ user-centered design practices to deliver extraordinary interactive game experiences
• Consistently generate creative ideas for products and can present and sell design concepts at the franchise and company level
• Persuasively recommends and promotes UX ideas with enthusiasm, conviction, and assertiveness
• Interface, collaborate with team, studio and company partners to ensure the user experience reflects player needs and consistency
• 3+ years' experience in User Experience Design
• You have shipped at least one successful mobile product end-to-end
• Proficient in Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe Suite and industry-standard prototyping tools. (Flinto, Protio.io, Axure or InVision Studio )
• Deep understanding of UX principles
• Specialty in mobile gaming interface design
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Passion for casual gaming and youth pop culture
• A Degree in graphic arts, interaction design, or equivalent industry experience in the design field
NICE TO HAVE:
• Experience of working with Unity / UGUI
WHAT DO WE GIVE YOU?
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open Vacation Policy
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Back to top