Senior Experience Designer - Remote Employee
- San Francisco, CA
Position at Zynga
The Words With Friends team is looking for a Senior Experience Designer with extraordinary visual design sensibilities and mastery of intuitive experiences to join our growing design team. This position can be REMOTE but will need to reside within the pacific standard time zone. The Senior Experience Designer is responsible for creating user-centered design solutions that feature appealing visuals, enhance our game design, ensure ease of use, employ premier interaction designs, and improve the overall player experience.
This includes all phases of the design process such as conceptual design/development (the big idea), UX flows/navigation maps, wireframes, graphic and interface design, prototypes, storyboards, persona/scenario development, and asset production.
The Senior Designer will work closely and reciprocally with the entire game team to establish and maintain visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, consistency, and most of all- create fun and meaningful experiences for our players.
Join us if:
- You're an ideas person who can translate concepts into form, function, and execution marrying enriching experiences with beautiful visual design solutions
- You're current on visual design trends in similar creative industries
- You're driven to be a part of the entire design process involving research (including qualitative and quantitative methods), experimentation, design, and revision
- You're comfortable collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team including game designers, product managers, and engineers to ensure designs meet player needs
- You value usability and player empathy
- You have experience with creating wireframes and flows, interfaces, asset library systems, graphic design, and interaction specifications/guidelines
- You're experienced in developing user experiences and user interfaces for mobile games or applications
- You're committed to adapting creative styles as needed while maintaining creative, technical, and brand standards universally
- You have strong communication skills and are able to articulate, present, and speak clearly about your design decisions
- You have 3+ years of related experience in interactive, visual, or brand environments
- Identify player needs, design and conduct user experience research quickly, and apply it to feature UX development
- Evaluate designs and create original high-quality work. Is responsible for the entire product UX and its features
- Possess an excellent understanding of visual design principles, style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow
- Develop UI, graphic design, and interaction specifications/guidelines
- Help to foster a high level of polish across product and UX team
- Employ user-centered design practices and best in class UX to deliver extraordinary interactive game experiences
- Consistently generate creative ideas for the product and pitch design concepts
- Persuasively recommend and promote UX ideas with enthusiasm, conviction, and assertiveness
- Interface, collaborate with the team, studio, and company partners to ensure the user experience reflects player needs
- You are proficient in Sketch or Figma, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite, and industry-standard prototyping tools (ex. Flinto, Proto.io, Axure, InVision, XD)
- You have experience working with Unity / UGUI
- You have shipped at least one successful mobile product end-to-end
- You have a passion for mobile gaming
- Deep understanding of UX principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A Bachelor's degree in user experience, graphic arts, interaction design, human-centered design, or equivalent industry experience in the design field
Nice to have:
- Experience in illustration or fine art
A LINK TO YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO, OR A PDF, IS REQUIRED. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU's (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Back to top