Senior Engineering Manager, Quality Solutions
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games - CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the first gaming companies innovating on emerging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Google Play Instant. We had a great start to 2018, outperforming guidance in the quarter across all key financial measures and delivering our highest mobile audience in over four years. Our Q1 revenue was $208.2 million, above our guidance by $8.2 million and up $13.9 million or 7% year-over-year. We ended 2017 with our strongest topline performance since Q1 2013. Revenue was $233.3 million, above our guidance by $18.3 million and up $42.7 million or 22% year-over-year.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to shape the future of fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and services, aka Social Engine, that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The services span across Game Engine, Identity, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Ad Tech, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology and Cloud. Our mission is ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
The Senior Engineering Manager of Central Tech’s Quality Solutions team will be fundamental in our critical efforts to level up the QA/QE organization and improve the quality of all Central Technology products. The ideal candidate will have superior process skills, awesome people skills, a high level of integrity, great technical depth, and a strong desire to build successful Test Center of Excellence.
- Reinforce Quality Solutions team’s identity within Central Tech group and as a discipline.
- Represent Central Tech Quality Solutions at leadership meetings, highlighting team’s successes and initiatives, and resolving issues with quality.
- Partner with other leaders within the organization to understand business goals, develop roadmap, and design test strategies, tools, and drive meaningful improvements to increase overall quality
- Oversee outsourcing and our relationship with vendors, most notably drive performance / value for money.
- Determine the tools, solutions and automation needs to drive the business to deliver results.
- Identify and implement process improvements: evolve, optimize, and define processes that can benefit multiple projects in a proactive manner.
- Manage QA/QE career progression and implement development plans that keeps people motivated and engaged.
- Responsible for tracking performance, both individual and team, as well as monitoring team health.
- Demonstrate transparency and active communication with teams and management
- Responsible for all recruitment and onboarding of QA/QE staff.
- Design test strategies using a variety of techniques, tools, and technologies: select the appropriate methods based on defined objectives including cost, efficiency, effectiveness, time and balancing available resources, uses information and business systems to support planning and tracking of activities.
- Identify quality metrics that have value across disciplines and project teams to measure progress.
You will be a perfect fit if you have
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 8+ years related Software Testing or Software Development experience
- 3+ years of experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management.
- Proven ability to motivate teams, mentor individuals and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Familiarity with software development practices, including Agile, Test Driven Development and Software (Games) as a Service.
- Experience / knowledge with Unit, Regression, E2E, Performance, Stress, and Device types of testing.
- Experience with Mobile, API / web service, Network testing.
- Experience designing and building Test Automation Frameworks.
- Familiarity with Compliance / Regulatory requirements.
- Team player with strong collaboration and communication skills.
Back to top