Senior Engine Programmer - Dawn of Titans
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As a senior engine programmer you will be highly competent in your core discipline, ready to take on new roles and responsibilities, and be pushed out of your current comfort zone. You’ll relish new challenges and opportunities, especially when that comes with added responsibility and visibility inside and outside your team. Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
What challenges await you?
- Writing high performance, robust engine level client code to enable the success of a BAFTA-nominated game
- Spending the majority of your time coding in C++, with some Objective-C, Java and other languages as needed
- Architecting new systems and re-architecting old ones
- Optimising across the board to deliver the best experience for our players: frame rate, memory usage and loading times
- Improving and maintaining our iOS and Android platforms to take advantage of the latest features
- Working with our server engineers to develop secure solutions for our multiplayer world
- Being part of a team which values innovation and continuous improvement
What you will bring:
- Excellent engineering skills
- Strong C++ experience
- A background in games development and multiple shipped titles
- A solid understanding of low level technical details
- Experience developing concurrent systems
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with iOS and Android development
- Knowledge and understanding of graphics programming, especially OpenGL, Metal and Vulkan
- Experience with server development
- Many games shipped and live environments supported
What do we give you?
- Flexible working hours
- Zynga Stock
- A discretionary annual bonus
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership at Studio local gyms
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days discretionary holiday + 3 days extra over Christmas on top of standard public holidays
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the Studio, every Friday
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top