Senior Director, HRBP, UK
Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner
NaturalMotion is a leading mobile gaming company based in Oxford, London, and Brighton. We use cutting edge technology to create blockbuster titles and our biggest assets are our talented employees.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner in the London office to ensure that NaturalMotion continues to attract, retain, and develop its extraordinary talent. We are seeking a cultural ambassador who can partner with studio and HR leadership to drive a positive and inspiring culture, all while developing and implementing human resources policies, programmes, and practices. This position will report into Zynga’s Senior Director, Human Resources Business Partner in the US.
- Responsible for senior level decision making and strategic contribution to the studio leadership team.
- Key member of the studio leadership team with the ability to influence and inform in a meaningful way.
- Work in collaboration with the cross-functional business units and HR partners to ensure alignment and strategy collaboration across teams and geographies.
- Implement and develop the local HR strategy and roadmap in line with the Zynga/NM business plan and wider global HR strategy.
- Collaborate and partner with the global Zynga HR Team to ensure consistency of practice and policy across NM.
- Ensure that HR supports the changing and dynamic needs of the business.
- Manage all training needs within the business in partnership with the Zynga Learning and Development team.
- Manage costs to a local HR budget.
- Manage the studio’s performance management processes, ensuring all staff have access to and complete appraisals and personal development plans in a meaningful way.
- Advise and act on any performance or employee relations issues at a senior level, from dismissals to redundancies to change management.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date, compliant, and in line with Zynga requirements.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers and studio leadership on all HR issues in an approachable and collaborative way, quickly establishing strong working relationships both face to face and virtually across the business.
- Maintain all UK staff benefits reviewing these regularly in partnership with the Zynga HR and Comp and Benefits team ensuring this is in line with budget and staff needs.
- Maintain and develop internal talent and succession planning tools at a Zynga and local NM level, cross company and within disciplines. Analyze the results and create an action plan for them to inform approaches for retention and development.
- Ability to act as a constant temperature gage on the business, providing and encouraging transparent feedback to the studio leadership.
- Direct management responsibility for a local HRBP. Guide and mentor other local HR team members (recruitment, HR coordinator).
- Lead development of HR policies and procedures through partnership with Zynga’s HR and legal teams.
- Ensure legal, security and audit compliance of HR systems and processes; stay on top of changing regulations and update policies and processes to mitigate risk exposure.
- Responsible for educating internal stakeholders on regulation changes and associated business impact.
- In charge of employee onboarding programs including immigration and orientation.
- At least 15 years' experience in a Human Resources, including 5 years at Director Level
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of EU/UK human resources management and EU/UK employment laws
- Experience collaborating with and reporting up through international teams
- Self-motivated, results-orientated, and dynamic individual prepared to go the extra mile
- Proven ability to lead and execute to high quality and customer service standards
- Experience working in a public company, knowledge of SOX controls and compliance requirements
- Excellent project management skills and ability to drive company-wide initiatives across multiple locations
- Exceptional partnering and influencing skills with a transparent and consultative approach with business leaders, peers, and partners
- Track record of successful HR partnering presence and delivery in complex, ambiguous and fast-changing, multicultural business environments
- Strong evidence of experience with organizational design and workforce planning
- Must be able to demonstrate key attributes including fostering relationships with workforce at all levels, experience managing company-wide change, and encouraging innovation.
- Partnering with in-house legal and external counsel where relevant on negotiating termination/severance agreements/TUPE transfers/redundancies etc.
- Experience in the entertainment / media / gaming sector preferred
- Commercial acumen – has a good understanding of company finances/resourcing/headcount and uses this information to push back and support managers in resource and succession planning
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports the local and global senior leadership team and their agenda
- Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the global HR function as a whole.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top