Senior Data Analyst
Zynga has one of the richest and most complex datasets in the tech industry, and we’re seeking a Senior Data Analyst to help us drive key product insights that will have big impacts to our games and company! The successful candidate will enjoy combining analytic skills with business acumen to provide our game studios with the data and insights that will drive our continued success.
The Senior Data Analyst works closely with product leaders as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. The candidate should enjoy both working with people and undertaking rigorous statistical analyses.
- Execute quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights. Provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects.
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help us continue to delight the people playing our games.
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring to game studios using data drawn from diverse sources.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Enjoys playing mobile games (preferred)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; comfortable explaining technical topics to non-technical users
- Good client management skills with a strong grasp of both technical and business perspectives
- 5+ years of experience performing quantitative/statistical analysis, preferably for an internet or technology company
- Experience in using tools like Tableau for creating dashboards, reports and data exploration (strongly preferred)
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, dashboarding and reporting, involving very large datasets and multiple data sources, with ability to interpret data and produce meaningful insights
- Extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Experience automating analysis using analytics packages in languages like R or Python
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings
- Experience with A/B testing design and read-outs
- B.S. or B.A. in Math, Statistics, Comp Sci, Engineering, or other technical field required; advanced degrees strongly preferred
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top