Senior Art Director
Do you love to make beautiful games? Do you have a lot of experience doing it? Are you passionate about helping others achieve the same goal? Zynga is looking for a world-class Senior Art Director to lead art for our Slots/Match3 division. This division is made up of almost 300 talented people working on a portfolio of +7 games in multiple stages of development across numerous locations. This position will be operating on multiple levels to mentor and support each team’s Art Director and their group of artists to deliver industry-leading visuals. We have multiple games that are live and several high-profile games in development. With all of these games spinning at different phases in their lifecycle, you will need to be able to context switch rapidly and adapt to each team’s pipeline and process. This will include everything from going hands-on to help guide games in development to high level team planning and career coaching for artists.
- Provide high level critique on games, art styles and features, looking at more than just visuals, but the entire experience.
- Be an advocate and champion for the art teams within the org and within Zynga as a whole. This includes helping to make the culture one where people feel supported and have a place while driving hard to achieve difficult goals.
- Provide high-level support as needed to each of our game teams, without micro-managing.
- Help make sure there are clear lines of communication within the art team, but also to other disciplines as well.
- Help with career coaching for all artists in the org.
- Help set best practices and make sure they are communicated out org-wide.
- Help set and debug art processes as needed.
- Be a mentor to a group of extremely high-functioning, talented Art Directors and their teams.
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves and jump in to help instruct as well as fill-in during outages.
- Extensive experience in entertainment and game markets
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts, Graphic Arts, or related field
- 12+ years of professional experience and advanced leadership including communication and project management skills required, with a minimum of 6 years as a senior level professional
- Successful track record in developing and managing multidisciplinary art teams of more than 20+ people.
- Expertise in art/design, and a demonstrated ability to direct, mentor and enhance the efforts of a creative team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams as well as art leads
- Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication – the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task under pressure, while balancing speed and quality of work
- Proven ability to lead and juggle several project ideas from concept to release at the same time
- Must be an experienced expert in at least one art discipline (eg, concept art, animation, modeling, technical art, etc) and the relevant software needed for that field. More than one a bonus.
- Expert understanding of art direction and storytelling
- This role will report to the VP of Production
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top