Sales Marketing Manager – Direct Ad Sales
The Sales Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the Direct Ad Sales team efforts to monetize Zynga’s Network of Mobile Games. A Mobile Marketing Expert, the Sales Marketing Manager will leverage strong B2B marketing expertise, creativity and strategic vision to craft compelling value propositions and persuasive stories for the Zynga Ad Sales force to take to Brand Advertisers. This position requires diverse knowledge of Display/Video, Sponsorships/Integrations and Private Programmatic.
As a conduit between the Game and Product teams and the Sales, Account Management and Ad Ops teams, this position will create media packages which are both sellable and executable. The Sales Marketing Manager will collaborate with internal teams to develop new advertising opportunities based on market demand. An in-depth understanding of Engagement, Game Mechanics as well as Mobile Video is required.
The Sales Marketing Manager will work closely with the Head of Ad Sales to develop Sales Strategy, create a narrative of ‘why mobile games’ for brands, and to publish compelling Media Packages and Integrated Advertising Opportunities that take advantage of the unique qualities of Mobile Gaming.
- Create and maintain a variety of sales collateral, including Media Kits, Sponsorship Slides, Private Programmatic Slides, Meeting Deck Support, etc.
- Work directly with the games teams to create custom in game integrations/sponsorship packages for outbound sales teams, and ultimately execution details for AM’s.
- Collaborate with AM’s on RFP Support.
- Support Sales team with research and positioning, collaborate with internal Consumer Insights and Director of Ad Tech and Data on Research relevant for Ad Sales Team.
- Manage sales collateral by updating with new screenshots, data and opportunities. Archiving old information and making sure the distribution of information is as up to date as possible.
- Communicating opportunities to sales.
- Brainstorm with Sales team ahead of RFP’s, Proactive Proposals, Client Meetings.
- Collaborate with Head of Sales on Sales Strategy and Thought Leadership
- Support Sales Team with Award Submissions.
- Service a National Sales Team based across the country.
- Work directly with the account management teams by providing them pre-sales support on customizing the packages for sales and working with them post sales on how to execute the integration (timelines, specs, approvals, etc.).
- Manage the packaging pipeline so sales leadership can identify sell through and optimize sales efforts.
- Manage the sales pipeline with the games team so they are always in the know on new and upcoming sales pitches.
- Must possess a true passion for advertising and working to drive new forms of brand and performance-based ad products;
- Ensure that all Account Executives are equipped with a value-based selling approach by identifying relevant customer needs and objectives and providing relevant advertising solutions to meet those needs.
- Command an expert understanding of advertising competitors and their product lines, and knowledge of how to sell against them.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years online marketing experience; a combination of agency and client side experience is strongly preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, well-versed presenter.
- Proven expertise in supporting the development, production and delivery of compelling ad product solutions and packages.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization.
Back to top