Release Engineer, Mobile Submit
Position at Zynga
Zynga is looking for new talent to join our Release Operations team. The team's main responsibility is to manage our global releases to our customers around the world. This position is based in our Austin studio. This role sits in a global team and is not embedded into any single project and reports to the Manager, Release Operations.
- Manage the releases of Zynga's global game catalogue to our users via the Google Play Store, Apple App Store etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with product teams to ensure smooth delivery of graphical assets, metadata and builds to publishing partner store fronts
- Use custom tools and services that automate, facilitate and improve the distribution of products to various platform storefronts
- Drive submission and release best practices with game teams by identifying areas of improvement and rolling out new processes
- Provide clear and concise information to stakeholders and the leadership team to reduce risks for app releases
- Work closely with the other members of the release team in Zynga across North America, India, and the UK
- Conduct professional written and verbal communication with key stakeholders with a service-minded approach
- Maintain a historical archive of submitted data using GitHub
- Troubleshoot and resolve build and submission failures
- Understand the risks present in any planned submission and release
- Identify platform changes that may affect the business and highlight risks as needed
- Review and document retrospectives of submissions to improve and streamline the process
- Managing provisioning profiles and development certificates
- Provide additional assistance for other Mobile Submit tasks such as documentation, submissions and the administration of the Apple, Google Play and Amazon development portals
- Proven communication skills; ability to collaborate and build relationships with multi-functional, multi-regional teams is essential
- Excellent organisational and time management skills; ability to prioritise workload effectively and in line with business needs
- Strong team player; ability to work with a team spread across different locations
- Proven ability to work independently and create informative documentation
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly, work efficiently and keep a cool head at busy times
- Ability to read and edit json scripts
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Back to top