The Release Engineer will facilitate the submission and releases for NaturalMotion / Zynga, as well as provide support for all platform administrative tasks.Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Drive submission and release best practice with the games teams.
- Provide clear and concise information to stakeholders and leadership team to reduce risks around scheduled dates.
- Work closely with the other members of the release team in NM and Zynga across San Francisco, Bangalore and Chicago.
- Work closely with the certification team to ensure smooth delivery of certified product to market.
- Be comfortable working and coordinating with teams across multiple time zones, and overcoming the challenges that poses.
- Be able to support tasks on the JIRA service desk board from other Zynga offices and teams.
- Be able to create and update documentation that can be used by all release team members across NM and Zynga and be willing to educate.
- Active participation in meetings to discuss latest platform changes and company road map updates.
- Be able to highlight improvement in release process and drive discussion within the team.
- Actioning the submission and release of apps and updates via the relevant platform portals.
- Managing and actioning platform admin requests via the Jira Service Desk.
- Examples of tasks include:
- Processing build uploads for testing.
- Managing Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) certificates.
- Creation and editing of In App Purchases (IAPs) on all platforms.
- Managing additions and changes to meta data items on both Gamecenter and Google Play Games Services.
- Platform account access requests.
- Managing provisioning profiles and development certificates.
- Processing leavers on the 3rd party systems.
- Keeping on top of weekly tasks as required by the S&R manager.
- Maintaining the archive of submitted data.
- Conducting professional written and verbal communication with key stakeholders.
- Providing additional assistance for S&R tasks such as documentation, updating store text (including localisations) and dealing with the platform development portals.
- Identify and track the latest platform changes and ensure relevant teams are informed of changes.
- Excellent understanding of mobile ecosystems/Excellent understanding of the mobile developer platforms.
- Understand the risks present in any planned submission or release and quickly and clearly flag with the project management.
- Understand and highlight risks around new platform developments and work with the team to ensure they do not impact the apps current and future versions.
- Be able to post-mortem submissions that experienced issues and use the information to create new checks to ensure that issue doesn’t happen again for any project.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top