Quality Operations Director
The Quality Operations Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management of operations, programs, and initiatives of the QA/QE, Certification & Submissions, and Launch Readiness teams. This includes creating and maintaining robust metrics and reporting to create greater transparency/visibility and to surface risks. You will work cross-functionally across multiple teams to operationalize processes and metrics. You should be comfortable working in a very fast paced environment, where change happens at a rapid pace.
• Work with QA/QE, Certification & Submissions, and Launch Readiness leaders to identify operational reports.
• Create and/or design dashboards to report statuses & trends and to highlight risks.
• Maintain data integrity of all reports and dashboards.
• Develop strategic plans, working with leaders, partners, and stakeholders.
• Monitor operational activity (key performance indicators/metrics, corrective action reporting, trends, issue escalations, etc.).
• Ensure all internal knowledge database content is current and accurate.
• Develop accurate capacity plans based on forecasted volumes.
• Maintain onboarding plan documentation.
• Ensure service level agreements are met for each business unit.
• Analyze and report customer satisfaction levels.
• Review operational reports daily to ensure stakeholders have current and effective content to mitigate risks.
• Responsible for identifying and driving operational efficiencies.
• Collaborate with team leaders to drive operational progress.
• Propose ways to standardize operations across Zynga.
• 5 years of operational management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• High aptitude in statistics, operations, risk analysis.
• Highly productive, able to work effectively on a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top