QA Lead, CSR2
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As the QA Lead, you will assume full responsibility for the establishment, communication, and implementation of a thorough process of testing games on all supported platforms to ensure high-quality games are delivered with great gameplay experience. You will set the reporting standards for the team that ensure timely and accurate information is readily available to the team and key decision makers.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Development for CSR2, you will be responsible for the QA process and execution of QA activities across the CSR team. You will lead an internal QA team of up to 6 people, which includes ful line management responsibility. You will prioritise and balance the workload across the internal team and our external partners to ensure that both the live game and features in development meet the high quality expectations of our players and our team.
You will be the primary point of contact between QA and Production regarding QA needs, ensuring that the necessary resources are allocated and that risks and issues are communicated, mitigated and resolved effectively.
You will own and take responsibility for the processes used across the QA team, identifying and implementing improvements to continually improve our QA practices and outcomes.
As an experienced QA professional, you know that empowering the people you work with is the best way to get a team to deliver to the best of their abilities and have experience of managing similar sized teams in a complex, live game environment. A key part of your line management responsibility will be ensuring the ongoing development and growth of each member of the QA team.
Essential Experience & Skills
- Experience in a Senior, Principal, Lead QA role (or similar), within the games industry
- Test planning and execution using a variety of test approaches and techniques to ensure the right level of test coverage for each product balancing risk, cost and schedule
- Experience of the game development process and how QA integrates with this
- A passion for quality, getting things done and making things better
- Establishing, assessing and continually improving QA processes
- Working with external partners, e.g. 3rd party test organisations
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Agile practices and processes
- QA tools such as Test Rail, JIRA and Confluence
- Exposure to Unity
- Test automation
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 day’s holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Back to top