Principal Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer- DevOps (Poker)
Do you grow with a challenge? Are you curious about what it means to deploy code at webscale? Are you super knowledgeable communicating by emotes in online team chat rooms? Then you will find Poker is the home for you. We are a hard-working team with varied strengths that works hard and plays hard, with many exciting social and professional events to help you take your career to the next level. When you work on poker you will not only get a chance to change the future of one of the key franchises for Zynga, but you will also learn to know when to hold’em, AND know when to fold’em. Contact us today to learn how to get a seat at the best table in the games industry!
- Review network, application, and database changes for new and existing features and services.
- Define game and system architecture, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas while balancing it with business initiatives.
- Work with various disciplines to provide technical insight of new initiatives.
- Participate hands-on in various pods to own the design of systems.
- Evangelize, collaborate, and share technology across studio architects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of software development experience;
- Experienced in C#, Java, C/C++, or similar programming language
- Deep understanding of PHP, or a similar programming language
- Experience designing and maintaining large-scale backend web services
- Deep knowledge/experience with data architecture: SQL, NoSQL, and data caching technologies/in-memory databases such as MemCachedand Redis.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Familiarity with Unity is a plus.
What we offer you
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds.
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Back to top