Principal Software Engineer - Security
Zynga Poker seeks a Principal Software Engineer to oversee web application security for our game clients and backend services. In this role, the Principle Engineer will engage with various products and systems to drive and shape the way we handle gameplay and our player data.
- Review application changes for new and existing features and services
- Perform code audits and participate in architecture reviews to mitigate threat vectors
- Implement web application security methodologies and controls
- Define game and system architecture, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas while balancing it with business initiatives
- Work with various disciplines to monitor and provide technical insights for new initiatives.
- Participate hands-on in various pods to lead the secure design of systems
- Evangelize, collaborate, and share technology across studio architects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience with web application security technologies (Web App Firewalls, fuzzing, code audit or penetration testing)
- Expert knowledge in C#, Java, C/C++, or similar programming language
- Good understanding of PHP, Hack, or a similar programming language
- Experience designing and maintaining large-scale backend web services
- Experience with data architecture: MySQL, NoSQL, and data caching technologies/in-memory databases such as MemCached and Redis.
- Experience working with cloud environments
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with Unity is a plus
Back to top