Principal Software Engineer - Poker
Do you thrive on challenge? Are you curious about what it means to deploy code at webscale? Are you a master of communicating by emotes in online team chat rooms? Then you will find Poker is the home for you. We are a hard working diverse team that works hard and plays hard, with many exciting social and professional events to help you take your career to the next level. When you work on poker you will not only get a chance to change the future of one of the key franchises for Zynga, but you will also learn to know when to hold’em, AND know when to fold’em. Reach out to us today to learn how to get a seat at the best table in the games industry!
- Review application and database changes for new and existing features and services
- Define game and system architecture, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas while balancing it with business initiatives
- Work with various disciplines to monitor and provide technical insights for new initiatives.
- Participate hands-on in various pods to lead the design of systems
- Evangelize, collaborate, and share technology across studio architects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Expert knowledge in C#, Java, C/C++, or similar programming language
- Good understanding of PHP, or a similar programming language
- Experience designing and maintaining large-scale backend web services
- Deep knowledge/experience with data architecture: SQL, NoSQL, and data caching technologies/in-memory databases such as MemCached and Redis.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with Unity is a plus
Back to top