Principal Software Engineer - Mobile Tech
Zynga software engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, web technologies, and massive scalability. We are willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn't exist, we innovate.
If you are a mobile developer in an adjacent industry looking for a change, joining the Zynga Mobile Tech team is a great way to get involved consumer software, services, and games.
- Lead a small team, mentoring engineers, monitoring progress, and raising issues
- Create, enhance, and maintain iOS, Android, and Unity SDKs that connect our games to critical services and collectively embody Zynga’s shared gaming platform: identity, stats tracking, advertising, guilds, payments, chat, etc…
- Analyze and improve quality, stability, performance, and footprint of mobile SDKs
- Integrate and create tools to allow others to integrate SDK features into games across Zynga
- Contribute to the creation of frameworks and test suites for automated quality assurance
- Create tools to manage dependencies and automated release/update processes to make it easy for games to keep up with the latest updates
- Evaluate products to support build vs buy decisions
- Contribute to the mobile social game engine conception and optimization
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Significant and proven technical team leadership
- Expert knowledge of Unity and C#
- Experience with Unity plugins, native code for both Android and IOS.
- Proficient in some combination of Cocoa, Objective C, iPhone SDK, Xcode, Java, Android SDK, HTML5, XML/JSON, and GIT
- Experience with advertising platform technology
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with API development
- Experience with supporting software components used by other teams
- Experience with mobile architectures, development, and deployment of popular apps in the iTunes store and Google Play store
- Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish and optimize team assignments
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to lead others in a team environment
- Familiarity with the challenges involved in integrating software
- Experience avoiding performance issues before they happen with strong architecture, design, and expectation setting
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Gaming experience is preferred, but not a requirement
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Jenny works at the intersection of business strategy and user-driven design, collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and artists to create and ship games that players love.
Back to top