Principal Software Engineer, Android (Crosswords With Friends)
Daily Celebrity Crosswords is an exciting new opportunity within Zynga's "Games With Friends" division, serving millions of players every single day. Recently acquired from the NYC-based PuzzleSocial, Inc., the mission is to make crosswords puzzles fun & accessible for everyone, building on Zynga's mission of “Connect the World through Games”. We are seeking top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic and highly driven team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games, a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide. Don’t hesitate; Apply now!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional experience in mobile, desktop or web application development. At least 2 years in mobile development with two or more shipped products.
- Able to work collaboratively with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write software specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software solutions.
- Writes well designed, efficient and testable code in one or more Object Oriented languages (C++, Objective C, Java, etc.)
- Considered an expert in the craftsmanship of software engineering; acts as an influencer and mentor for developers on the team.
- Provides domain expertise in one or more areas such as native app development, rendering, user interface, AI, multi-threading, build and deployment, cross-platform development etc.
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Updates knowledge constantly. Always learning and seeking to learn.
- Server experience is a plus; for example, web service integration, application server performance, relational databases or data analytics.
- Experience w/ the .NET platform is a plus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Jenny works at the intersection of business strategy and user-driven design, collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and artists to create and ship games that players love.
Back to top