Principal Software Engineer, Analytics
Senior Software Engineer, Analytics
Interested in creating great products that impact millions of people? Building high performance optimization systems rely on big data and machine learning? Want to solve complex large scale technical problems using the latest technologies? Zynga is seeking Software Engineers to join the Analytics Engineering team!
This job is a chance to be part of something big - a huge opportunity within Zynga where you will have a direct impact on the company. We are building advanced systems for data ingestion, data processing, data management and visualization that help our business teams make better data-driven decisions.
- Design, build and maintain large-scale backend Zynga data tracking and game behavior optimization products. Work closely with analysts and game studios for seamless integration.
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess the implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
- Demonstrate extraordinary coding and development skills, including critical review and improvements to software developed by other engineers.
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Work closely with Product Management on feature definition and Project Management on project schedules.
Required skills and experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- Production experience in Java applications.
- Experience building high-performance, large-scale applications and reliable software.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST
- Good database development skills including SQL, a solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Proven experience with system architecture and software design.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to mentor others and coordinate a project across multiple developers.
- Experience with a cloud environment like Amazon’s AWS.
- Experience with data engineering and ETL.
- Experience with mobile SDK development, especially in Unity/C#.
- Good communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top