Principal Software Engineer
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games - CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the first gaming companies innovating on emerging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Google Play Instant. We had a great start to 2018, outperforming guidance in the quarter across all key financial measures and delivering our highest mobile audience in over four years. Our Q1 revenue was $208.2 million, above our guidance by $8.2 million and up $13.9 million or 7% year-over-year. We ended 2017 with our strongest topline performance since Q1 2013. Revenue was $233.3 million, above our guidance by $18.3 million and up $42.7 million or 22% year-over-year.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to shape the future of fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and services, aka Social Engine, that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The services span across Game Engine, Identity, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Ad Tech, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology and Cloud. Our mission is ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create, enhance, and maintain mobile SDKs for iOS, Android, and Unity used by all Zynga games, including Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, CSR2, and more!
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Follow engineering best practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
- Work effectively with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence.
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Provide production and integration support for products running in all Zynga Games.
You will be a perfect fit if you have
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience with a combination of Unity, Cocoa, Objective C, iPhone SDK, Xcode, Java, Android SDK, C++, C#, XML/JSON, and/or Git
- Experience with mobile architectures, development and deployment of apps in the iTunes store and Google Play store.
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience in object oriented design of applications or systems.
- Proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Experience with server side technologies in Java/C++/Go or REST APIs is a plus.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top