Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer (With Friends Division)
Words with Friends is one of the most successful game franchises of all time, serving millions of players every single day. We are seeking top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic and highly driven team. Our mission is to “Connect the World through Games” by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games, a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide. Don’t hesitate; Apply now!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional experience in mobile, desktop or web application development. At least 2 years in mobile development with two or more shipped products.
- Able to work collaboratively with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write software specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software solutions.
- Writes well designed, efficient and testable code in one or more Object Oriented languages (C++, Objective C, Java, etc.)
- Considered an expert in the craftsmanship of software engineering; acts as an influencer and mentor for developers on the team.
- Provides domain expertise in one or more areas such as native app development, rendering, user interface, AI, multi-threading, build and deployment, cross-platform development etc.
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Updates knowledge constantly. Always learning and seeking to learn.
- Server experience is a plus; for example, web service integration, application server performance, relational databases or data analytics.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top