Principal Programmer - Unannounced IP
Our Boss Alien studio is on the lookout for a Principal Programmer to work on an unannounced AAA strategy mobile title. As Principal, you will work closely with your game team (developers, artists, designers and producers) to deliver a great player experience ensuring the client architecture is of high quality and the game play is polished, enterprising and above all, fun.
- Create, maintain and optimize game features
- Produce professional quality C# code
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Identify and communicate best practices for both front-end and back-end engineering
- Proactively highlight and solve potential issues in the code and tool-chain
- Deliver the Product Lead’s vision of the core game
- Develop and promote best practices for documentation, unit testing, and code reviews
Experience and Skills:
- Expert C# experience and high proficiency in writing optimized real-time code
- Experience of creating a number of deep and complex game projects.
- Expert knowledge of Unity
- Superb time management and organisation skills
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Proven ability to expertly diagnose issues and solve complex problems.
- Excellent communicator across disciplines
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Scala/PHP/Java/ C++/Objective-C experience (we love polyglot engineers!)
- Functional programming experience
- High aptitude and technology-agnostic approach to engineering
- Commercial experience on scalable distributed systems
- Experience reacting to operational issues in a live online game
- A passion for computer games; specifically social, mobile and strategy
- Technology evangelist
What do we give you?
- Contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- 23 days holiday
- No crunch!
- The opportunity to collaborate with talented people who love making games every day
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Jenny works at the intersection of business strategy and user-driven design, collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and artists to create and ship games that players love.
Back to top