Principal Programmer - Unannounced IP
Our Boss Alien studio is on the lookout for a Principal Programmer to work on an unannounced AAA strategy mobile title. As Principal, you will work closely with your game team (developers, artists, designers and producers) to deliver a great player experience ensuring the client architecture is of high quality and the game play is polished, enterprising and above all, fun.
- Create, maintain and optimize game features
- Produce professional quality C# code
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Identify and communicate best practices for both front-end and back-end engineering
- Proactively highlight and solve potential issues in the code and tool-chain
- Deliver the Product Lead’s vision of the core game
- Develop and promote best practices for documentation, unit testing, and code reviews
Experience and Skills:
- Expert C# experience and high proficiency in writing optimized real-time code
- Experience of creating a number of deep and complex game projects.
- Expert knowledge of Unity
- Superb time management and organisation skills
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Proven ability to expertly diagnose issues and solve complex problems.
- Excellent communicator across disciplines
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Scala/PHP/Java/ C++/Objective-C experience (we love polyglot engineers!)
- Functional programming experience
- High aptitude and technology-agnostic approach to engineering
- Commercial experience on scalable distributed systems
- Experience reacting to operational issues in a live online game
- A passion for computer games; specifically social, mobile and strategy
- Technology evangelist
What do we give you?
- Contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- 23 days holiday
- No crunch!
- The opportunity to collaborate with talented people who love making games every day
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top