Principal Graphics Engineer - Racing
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
Position at NaturalMotion
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Your high personal standards ensure you are always striving to deliver work that you and your team can be proud of. You work well in a team environment. You communicate clearly and effectively, deliver opinions confidently but also listen respectfully to others' point of view. You work comfortably on large tasks with very little direction and course-correct as needed.
As a curious and avid learner, you regularly stray outside your comfort zone and are persistent enough to see lofty challenges to completion. When necessary, your intuition and proactivity compel you to switch focus to mitigate an upcoming risk or emerging opportunity. As an advocate for visual quality, you help drive productivity, learning and technical ambition.
- R&D into cutting edge techniques for new opportunities to push mobile visual boundaries and performance.
- Collaboration with art and wider disciplines to hit or exceed key visual targets.
- Working with our QA team to debug and resolve thorny graphical issues over a wide range of supported mobile devices.
- Planning and implementation of complex tasks identified as part of a sprint team.
- Reporting and documentation of tech to key stakeholders and the studio.
- Build and improve tooling and pipelines to boost team wide productivity and quality.
- Profiling and optimisation of mobile visual effects and wider rendering pipeline.
- Cross platform development and iteration of new or existing visual features from all phases of production.
- Good rendering experience on industry quality game titles.
- Good understanding of common rendering techniques and algorithms.
- Good experience with profiling and with optimising for most of the following: frame rate, hitching, loading times, memory usage and storage space.
- Expertise with debugging a wide range of graphical issues.
- Competent with art and rendering pipelines.
- Confident with C# or C++ and with HLSL/CG/GLSL.
- Familiarity with complexities of shipping games to Android & iOS devices on different OS, chipsets and hardware specifications.
- Experience with games as service / live operations.
- Unity or Unreal Engine experience.
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Back to top