Lead Server Programmer - Dawn of Titans
We are on the hunt for a world class senior server engineer with expert PHP or Go development skills to join our specialist server team as we approach the launch of a genre disrupting mobile title.
The NaturalMotion London team have created something truly unique with the Dawn of Titans project and over three years have established one of the most talented teams in the games industry. Our game will bring a console-quality experience to mobile, featuring ground-breaking graphics, an unparalleled collaborative multiplayer environment and an adventure that will retain players for many years to come. In this bold move to position ourselves as a world leader in AAA mobile game development, server infrastructure with undisruptive seamless gameplay becomes the plinth to our success.
Our small but elite team of server engineers hold over seventy years of coding experience across multiple technical industries, offering high performance from day one and allowing you to reach new levels of coding excellence, always pushing the boundaries of server technology.
What challenges await you?
- Leading the server programming team to deliver high quality features to millions of our players efficiently and reliably
- Writing robust, well-engineered code across our AWS backend, with the majority in PHP and Go
- Splitting your time 50:50 between leading the team to success and writing code yourself
- Architecting new systems and re-architecting old ones, delivering our goals through engineering excellence
- Operating a live game, maintaining excellent uptime and evolving our server infrastructure as needed
- Managing the intelligent storage of a huge amount of player data, game data and logging
- Mentoring and supporting your team of 5 programmers to enable them to produce their best work
- Fostering a team culture which values engineering principles, innovation and continuous improvement
- Collaborating closely with the client team in many aspects of development
- Providing technical direction on design specs and ideas
What you will bring:
- Excellent engineering skills
- Strong PHP, Go or similar coding ability
- Team leadership experience, both with people and projects
- Expertise in developing distributed concurrent systems
- A solid understanding of the DevOps role
- Commercial experience providing high levels of availability, reliability and scalability of RESTful microservices
- Proficiency in using Linux
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Java/Python/Scala/Closure/C#/F#/Haskell/Erlang/C/C++/Rust experience (we love polyglot engineers!)
- Proficiency with Memcached and Redis
- Expertise with AWS services at scale
- A working knowledge of Chef
- Experience with client development
- Many games shipped and live environments supported
What do we give you?
- Flexible working hours
- Zynga Stock
- A discretionary annual bonus
- A contributory pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership at Studio local gyms
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days discretionary holiday + 3 days extra over Christmas on top of standard public holidays
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the Studio, every Friday
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top