Lead Server Engineer - Dawn of Titans
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader and server developer to join our world-class team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for large-scale high-availability systems, a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As a lead server engineer you will have a clear understanding of your leadership style and its impact on others, and be able to use a range of directive and non-directive leadership skills to get the best from your team. You will balance delivering results with caring for the needs of your team. You will motivate and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model for organisational, technical, and creative skills, whilst showing others ‘what good looks like’.
As a lead server engineer you will confidently and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve things. Assertive when needed, you ensure the requirements of your team and your business are met by stakeholders at all levels. Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of professional experience in server development for mobile, desktop or web applications.
- Ability to build, manage, mentor and lead a team of up to 10 engineers. 3+ years management experience required.
- Able to work collaboratively with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write software specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software solutions.
- Writes well designed, efficient and testable code with one or more Object Oriented languages (Java, Go, PHP, C++, C#, Ruby etc.) and their associated frameworks.
- Considered an expert in the craftsmanship of software engineering; acts as an influencer and mentor for developers on the team.
- Strives for excellence in development process including planning, time and quality estimation, problem solving, and communicating development status.
- Provides domain expertise in multiple areas such as application server design and development, data modeling, database performance, solution architecture, monitoring and alerting, analytics, live operations etc.
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Updates knowledge constantly. Always learning and seeking to learn.
What do we give you?
- Flexible working hours
- Zynga Stock
- A discretionary annual bonus
- A contributory pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership at Studio local gyms
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days discretionary holiday + 3 days extra over Christmas on top of standard public holidays
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the Studio, every Friday
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top